Sunday, April 23, 2006

What do you make of this?

So hard to tell. To me, it looks like the shell is breached and it even seems to expose a tiny beak (notice the 'v'). While I want to remain optimistic, this doesn't look encouraging. I had speculated on a cracked shell in my comments on my previous blog entry. This seems to only reinforce my worst suspicions.



Now, having said that - I just grabbed another frame. There are several minutes between the first (right half) and second (left half). As you can see, the shell is in the identical position. But (big BUT) the opening and the 'beak' shape are much different. Could it be hatching? Let's hope so.



[edit] I keep looking at these two views and now I think the 'hole' I was trying to see as part of the egg is gravel or something behind the egg. It's really hard to tell. But, I think I do see the curvature of the egg IN FRONT of the 'hole'. I just don't know for sure WHAT I'm seeing.

No comments: